National Security Guards (NSG) is an Indian Special Forces Unit and was established in 1984 after the assassination of Indira Gandhi and following the Operation Blue Star, which is the unit of Ministry of Home Affairs, often referred to as Black Cats Commando. The reason behind for its conception is for combating terror to protect states under the internal disturbances. Here are the some Facts you should know about NSG
|NSG(Black Cats Commando)|
1) It is a combination of personnel on deputation of Indian Army and Central Armed Police Forces. The force does not constitute under collective nomenclature such as Central Armed Police Forces or Paramilitary Forces Of India.
2) The National Security Guard(NSG) are best in India and rank amongst Top 5 in the world of elite Special Forces.
3) The head of the force, designated as a Director General, who wears the same badges of ranks as an army Lieutenant General, in an officer from the Indian Police Service
4) Over the years its role has vastly expanded to provide personal security to influential politicians quite independent of the real threat that they faced.
5) The Annual Budget for National Security Guard(NSG) is around Rs. 688.47 Crore (US$102.3million)
6) There are around 7500 employees in National Security Guards.
The NSG Comprises total personnel strength of 14,500
7) NSG was actually modelled on Germany "GS9" (Grenzschutzgruppe 9 or Bordered Guard Group 9)
8) There are two components of NSG
a) SAG (Special Action Group):- The members are drawn exclusively from the Indian Army, It is the main offensive or the strike wing of the NSG. There are Two SAG
- 51 Special Action Group
- 52 Special Action Group
b) SRG (Special Ranger Group) :- SRG personnel are drawn on deputation from Central Armed Police Forces and State Police Forces. There are three SRG'S i.e 11,12 and 13